Montag, Oktober 10, 2016

I will be back on writing... I am a journalist at last

I am embracing a local magazine and I am the lead news writer. The thing is that I will be writing in Portuguese. I am not fond of using this language as it is one of the hardest to deal with. Therefore, I am nervous and excited at the same time.

I am back on reading in this language and  trying out to publish few things on short posts in my social media platforms. However, these are not being the perfect times to start publishing and getting known in the city as it is municipal election year, the former president got impeached, and moved away.

My life is upside down, backwards, and inside-out. I have lost, in figurative and literally speaking, family members, friends, and a business if my own. I turned 40 and have changed my hair color and cut 3 times already. I had gone back to therapy and have already quit due to finance matters. I have no health care and even if I had one, it would not cover it.

I started taking singing lessons, restarted drum lessons and I have recently begun working out in a ballet studio. I cannot forget that I have given up on my graduate studies. Why? Cutting down expenses. The whole country is broke.

It is frantic and, gosh, how it has become easy to criticise people instead of boosting their efforts. Brazil is divided and whoever is not on your side will judge you and consider all your thoughts their problems. They think they have got to "fix" your opinion as if your mind is broken or something. I just know that I feel a lot more comfortable writing in English and If there is any good heart out there, please wish me luck on this new magazine project.

I am going to give what it takes to deliver the best news stories and make this magazine profitable and pleasing to read.

Keine Kommentare: